Looking back: Autumn

These past few months have been some of my favourites. Looking back, I can’t help but smile when I think of the special moments that I expe...

These past few months have been some of my favourites. Looking back, I can’t help but smile when I think of the special moments that I experienced. I thought I would share some of my favourite memories from this past autumn.


1. Walking on Mount Royal with my family

Even though my parents have lived in Montreal for around 20 years now, they have never climbed the Mount Royal and been to the lookout. So, when my mom suggested that we go, I jumped at the idea. We also brought Bunny (my dog). It was so perfect. I got to spend quality time with my parents while we enjoyed the fall leaves and the beautiful weather. 

Beaver Lake

Definitely not my best picture, but I love this picture of Bunny. 



2. My birthday 

Big birthday parties were never my thing. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to have one someday but I never have the time to plan them. Somehow my birthday always coincides with my exam dates. This year was no exception, so instead, I had a small dinner with my family and another dinner that my amazing boyfriend, Matt, took me out for. He brought me to a restaurant that he heard great reviews about called Les deux singes de Montarvie. Every dish was presented beautifully and it tasted as good or even better than it looked. It was an evening of pure happiness and one I will always remember. 







3. Finishing Fundamentals of Medicine and Dentistry at McGill and the White Coat Ceremony


This autumn was also filled with academic milestones for me. This month, I finished the last unit of the theory portion (Fundamentals of Medicine and Dentistry) of medical school. To celebrate our transition from classrooms into hospitals, we had our traditional White Coat Ceremony. All of our parents came that day to celebrate and it was amazing to see how proud they were of all of us. It was also cute to see all of our parents meeting for the first time. It was nice to take a step back from the hectic life of medical school and have a moment to appreciate all of our accomplishments and how far we’ve come.  






You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Love this post, congratulations for transitioning into the hospitals! Your blog is really nice xo
    SHEWOREWHAT

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images